Outlook for Mac 2011 is a time and information manager that integrates email, calendar, contacts, and tasks.
Outlook for Mac 2011 is also one of the applications included in the Office for Mac 2011 Standard suite. The standalone edition of Outlook for Mac is available only through Volume Licensing programs, such as the one offered through TechSoup Italia Program.
Benefits for Organizations
• You can get messages from all your email accounts in one place.
• If your organization uses Exchange Server, Mac users and Windows users can use the same global address books and scheduling tools.
• Compatibility with Outlook 2010: Outlook for Mac 2011 has essentially the same capabilities as its Windows equivalent.
• Ribbon: The Outlook for Mac 2011 ribbon enhances usability. The classic Mac menu and standard toolbar are also available.
• Quick Look: Mac OS X's Quick Look function allows Outlook users to easily preview the contents of attachments.
• My Day: The My Day application allows Outlook users to see contacts, tasks, and appointments at a glance, even when Outlook is closed.
• Import: Outlook for Mac will import email files from other applications, including Entourage files, .pst files from Outlook for Windows, and .eml files.
Service Pack 2
Service Pack 2 fixes critical issues and improves stability, performance, and reliability.
Requesting the Right Number of Licenses
Request one license for this product for each computer on which you will install it. For example, if you will install it on 10 computers, be sure that the number 10 appears in the Quantity box on your View Cart page.
Obtaining This Product
Installing this product requires installation media and a license key. The license key allows you to use the installation media to install the product on as many computers as you have received licenses for. This quantity is specified in the donation email sent to your organization email address after your eligibility has been verified and your administrative fee has been received.
Expect three emails:
1. When your donation request has been approved, TechSoup Italia Program will send a message to your organization email address confirming the number of licenses you have requested.
2. Microsoft will send an email welcoming your organization to the Volume Licensing Service Center (VLSC).
3. PNGO Program will send an email with information about obtaining your license key and managing your donation at the VLSC. If you are new to the VLSC, you should wait for this email before you register there.
Under the Software Assurance program, you have the right to install any new release of products covered in the agreement during the term of your coverage.
• Intel processor
• 1 GB or more RAM
• HFS+ hard-disk format with 2.5 GB available hard-disk space
• 1280x800-pixel (or higher) display
• DVD drive
• Mac OS X v10.5.8 or later
• Internet access
• For Exchange support — connectivity to Exchange Server 2007 Rollup 4 with SP1 or later