The WS-C2960S-24PS-L is one of the Catalyst 2960-S Series fixed-configuration switches offering Power over Ethernet (PoE, IEEE 802.3af), Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+, IEEE 802.3at), and 10/100/1000-Mbps Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with enhanced LAN services for midsize and branch office networks.
The 24PS-L model provides:
- Twenty-four 10/100/1000-Mbps PoE or PoE+ ports providing up to 15.4 W or 30 W per port (370 W total, maximum of 12 PoE+ ports) for desktop, wireless access point, IP telephony, or closed-circuit TV camera connectivity
- Four small form-factor pluggable (SFP) Gigabit Ethernet uplink ports
- One A-type USB port and one B-type Mini USB port for file backup, distribution, and simplified operations
The switch's LAN Base IOS software includes a rich Layer 2+ suite of intelligent services, including advanced quality of service (QoS), granular rate limiting, access control lists (ACLs), and multicast services.
There are two options for switch management: an embedded GUI device manager for all operating systems or the Windows-based Cisco Network Assistant available at no cost from the Cisco website.
Usability is enhanced by Cisco Catalyst Smart Operations, a feature set that simplifies LAN deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting. These features enable automated installation and replacement of switches, faster upgrades, and easier troubleshooting with reduced operational cost.
Security is delivered through a wide range of authentication methods, data encryption technologies, and Network Admission Control (NAC) based on users, ports, and MAC addresses. Cisco TrustSec prevents unauthorized access and helps ensure that users get only their designated privileges.
The switch also provides support for Cisco FlexStacking, which allows multiple physical switches to be managed as a single unit. Cisco FlexStacking requires the Cisco Catalyst 2960S-STACK stacking module and CAB-STK-E-0.5M= FlexStack stacking cable, which must be requested directly from Cisco.
Product service and support: Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for any product or product bundle obtained through this donation program.
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
AC input voltage/frequency:
- 100 to 240 V
- 5.0 to 2.0 A
- 50 to 60 Hz
- Operating temperature: 23 to 104°F (-5 to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: -13 to 158°F (-25 to 70°C)
- Operating/storage relative humidity: 10 to 95 percent (noncondensing)
- Operating altitude: Up to 10,000 feet (3,000 m)