The WS-C2960-24PC-L is one of the Catalyst 2960 Series fixed-configuration switches offering Power over Ethernet (PoE), 10/100-Mbps Fast Ethernet, and 10/100/1000-Mbps Gigabit Ethernet connectivity with enhanced LAN services for midsize and branch office networks.
The 24PC-L model provides:
- Twenty-four 10/100-Mbps PoE ports providing up to 15.4 W per port (370 W total) for desktop, wireless access point, IP telephony, or closed-circuit TV camera connectivity
- Two dual-purpose uplink ports, each having one 10/100/1000 Ethernet port and one small form-factor pluggable (SFP) Gigabit Ethernet port, with one active at a time
The switch's LAN Base IOS software includes a rich Layer 2+ suite of intelligent services, including advanced quality of service (QoS), granular rate limiting, access control lists (ACLs), and multicast services.
There are two options for switch management: an embedded GUI device manager for all operating systems or the Windows-based Cisco Network Assistant available at no cost from the Cisco website.
Usability is enhanced by Cisco Catalyst Smart Operations, a feature set that simplifies LAN deployment, configuration, and troubleshooting. These features enable automated installation and replacement of switches, faster upgrades, and easier troubleshooting with reduced operational cost.
Security is delivered through a wide range of authentication methods, data encryption technologies, and Network Admission Control (NAC) based on users, ports, and MAC addresses. Cisco TrustSec prevents unauthorized access and helps ensure that users get only their designated privileges.
Product service and support: Cisco will provide five years of hardware and software service and support ("SMARTnet") for any product or product bundle obtained through this donation program.
More information about this product is available on the Cisco website.
AC input voltage/frequency:
- 100 to 240 V
- 8.0 to 4.0 A
- 50 to 60 Hz
- Operating temperature: 23 to 104°F (-5 to 40°C)
- Storage temperature: -13 to 158°F (-25 to 70°C)
- Operating/storage relative humidity: 10 to 95 percent (noncondensing)
- Operating altitude: Up to 10,000 feet (3,000 m)